Data Scientist, London
Who We Are
Qriously is a data and research platform that accesses the mindset of billions of people all over the world by asking questions on mobile devices. Answers to those questions are used to unearth valuable insights and engage relevant audiences. Our unique programmatic mobile audience targeting and research products stand out in the brand and agency marketplace and have enabled us to become a full partner with the world’s largest media group for 2017. We run consumer insight surveys for some of the world’s largest brands simultaneously across multiple countries as well as successful political polling.
We’ve raised over $10m from the tier-A investors behind Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Oculus and Cloudera. Our crazily talented team of 15+ are distributed primarily between London (where you’ll be working) and New York.
Who Are You
We are looking for someone to help develop new and exciting data-driven products within the company, as well as supporting the expansion of existing products into new areas and markets.
You are excited to use data to understand people and their behavior better.
You are not afraid to help out even though it is not your field or your expertise.
You dare to admit if you don’t know something and are happy to get the opportunity to learn/do something new.
You enjoy the challenge and the rapid pace of a start-up environment.
About The Role
Working with the existing data scientist, and dev and research teams you will be responsible for understanding our data by running experiments on existing data or collecting new information via our platform. Working with the sales and operations team you will collect data to use our existing
Working with the sales and operations team you will collect data to use our existing modeling framework to deliver programmatic audience segments to external clients.
You should have
• EITHER a doctorate level degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Applied Data Scientist Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) OR Masters degree in a quantitative discipline with 2+ years relevant experience.
• Experience with Python (pandas, Matplotlib, scikit-learn) is essential, as well as basic use of SQL
• A good grounding in mathematics and statistics and apply this rigorously to your analyses
• A passion for exploring and understanding data even if that means teaching yourself how to do something new, or spending time scraping and munging messy information
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey information to teams within the company with varying levels of technical knowledge
You may also have
• Experience with distributed data processing (eg Apache Spark)
• Used Bayesian statistics for data analysis and/or testing
• Previously worked with geospatial data such as census information
• The opportunity to learn and grow as a data scientist while working on new and exciting projects
• A team of friendly talented people who are keen to learn from your experience – we regularly hold talks on non-work topics like forensic science, space and cricket
• Unlimited holidays, flexible working times, free gym membership, free books (on any topic, by any author)
• Sometimes a glimpse into the future, before anyone else knows about it.
• Competitive salary
Qriously cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. All CVs are being read on a “blind” basis.